Bespoke Jewellery - How to commission that special piece.
Bespoke Jewellery Creation
- Alongside our ‘off the shelf’ jewellery, we love to design and make specially commissioned pieces.
- The first step is to book an appointment to visit the studio or to have an email correspondence with our designer Elena Brennan, who will guide you through the process. There is no charge for a design consultation but think about what you are looking for.
- This might include:
– Ring size or other dimensions if the item is for a gift
– An idea of your budget
– Deadline if applicable
– Whether you have any old jewellery or precious metals that you would like to be reused for sentimental or economic reasons or for it to be scrapped to offset the cost of the new commission
– Your taste in jewellery: Have a look through the designs on our website and identify your favorites or take a look in google images
- The second stage. After initial design consultation, Elena, will create some designs or do a silver mock up if required. There will be a charge of €75 for this, refundable against your final order.
- When the final design has been agreed and you decide to go ahead with the commission, we take a 30% deposit of the estimated final price. Once you have paid the deposit it means that you have agreed to our terms and conditions (see below). The balance of payment is due on or before collection.
- Once you commit to going ahead with your commision your 30% deposit is non-refundable, as we buy the materials specially for each commission.
- If any changes to the design are required after this point they must be sent in writing as early as possible.
- We look forward to creating a very special and unique piece for you.
- As we have many years of experience as a jeweller and many happy customers, we often have a full order book! Each bespoke item presents new design challenges and every piece is made by hand to an exacting standard. These special items take time to create. Most commissions are completed within twelve weeks. At busy times or for complicated designs or large orders this can be more. If you require your jewellery for a special date please make sure that you discuss this with a member of staff at the outset, it is possible to deliver more quickly on occasion.
- We initially give an estimated cost, based on limited information from the client. When all aspects of the job have been agreed on, we give a more detailed price. Even then, bespoke pieces can take longer than estimated times as by their nature, they are unique and come with their own set of quibbles. Also, precious metal prices change twice a day, as a result final price is calculated after the piece is fully finished.
- Bespoke pieces cannot be exchanged or refunded as they are each specially designed and made for a special person.